The Stuart Clan 2008

The Stuart Clan 2008
Tom and Davina with his 4 children and the grandbaby

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 5

Well, it has been 5 days since the grand daughter was left in my care. It has been a fun and crazy week so far. We have played games, played with the dogs, sung songs, watched cartoons, had a few minor tantrums (mostly revolving around nap and bedtime..)
I've really enjoyed this week.
It has given me the chance to practice some of the ideas I've always had about how I wanted to raise my children. Most of the things I've tried have worked. A few things haven't worked as well, but this is how we learn, and I am regulating her schedule more then she's use to and we have a few "rules" that she's never had before. But she's actually doing really well on our schedule for her. She is getting plenty of sleep, she's eating really well, even occasionally trying things she's never had before (though she gets very stubborn about not trying some things...) She has been having lots of fun playing with her aunts and the dogs, and she has been enjoying our afternoon singing time and our evening bedtime story time.
We only have a few more days til her parents get back, and I will be kind of sad to let her go. My husband gets back tomorrow, so I won't be a "single parent" much longer. :) That will be nice too.
Anyway, time to go start lunch for our little gang today, and get things ready for naptime. While she's down this afternoon I'm planning on showing the older girls how to make a simple cheese. That should be fun, too. Then this weekend I will likely be making blueberry jam and syrup as I have about 10 pounds of blueberries in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment